To provide guidelines for posting informational materials in the Landers Library building which support advertising for the campus community while preserving the internal and external integrity of the Landers Library building and work environment. Informational materials may include, but are not limited to: flyers, posters, brochures, table tents, bookmarks, and business cards for campus events, student club sponsored events, study abroad, campus job ads, and other events or information pertaining to St. Mary’s College of Maryland and/or the Southern Maryland region.
Currently there are two (2) designated posting locations for the campus community:
- The bulletin board outside of the first floor women’s bathroom in the building atrium.
- The Circulation counter next to the Quick Use computer on the first floor of the Library.
- Any informational materials found outside of these designated posting locations will be immediately recycled.
Note: the Writing & Speaking Center and Center for Inclusive Teaching & Learning may provide posting locations specific to those spaces that are not covered by these guidelines. Contact Mandy Taylor, Assistant Director, Writing and Speaking Center, or Dr. Samantha Elliott, Director, Center for Inclusive Teaching & Learning, for details.
- Informational materials should not be posted on walls, exterior or interior doors, chairs, columns, bathrooms or other surfaces that are not designated for such purposes.
- Only the Library, Archives & Media Center (LAMC), the Center for Inclusive Teaching & Learning (CITL), and the Writing & Speaking Center (WSC) may post informational material outside of designated posting locations.
- Informational materials are monitored by LAMC staff and will be removed after the advertised event has passed. Any remaining informational material will be cleared at the end of each semester.
- The LAMC reserves the right to remove postings that are disruptive to College operations
Bulletin board guidelines
- Informational materials posted on the bulletin board are restricted to the SMCM community. Historic St. Mary’s City and Trinity Church are considered part of the SMCM community and may post here.
- The following types of informational material are not allowed and will be removed:
- Events, job postings, surveys, or other marketing without a connection to SMCM
- Fliers for bands playing at the Green Door or other venues not on campus
- Postings that are disruptive to College operations
Circulation counter guidelines
- Informational materials related to the Southern Maryland region may be posted here in addition to materials related to the SMCM community.
Archiving informational materials
Expired informational materials posted on the bulletin board are removed by LAMC staff and transferred to the College Archives.
Questions? Concerns? Feedback?
Contact Kate Pitcher, Director of the Library, Archives & Media Center email@example.com