St. Mary’s College of Maryland students, faculty, and staff can access the Apporto Virtual Computer Lab from almost any device, including Windows/Mac/Linux desktops, Chromebooks, tablets, and iPads.
Desktop Windows computers are located on the first and second floor of the Library and are available for use by students, faculty, staff, and community patrons. There is also a “quick use” desktop available at the Circulation Desk. Students, faculty, and staff can log in using their St. Mary’s College of Maryland email username and password. Community patrons must ask for a guest login at the Circulation Desk.
- There is also a computer lab in LI 112, located in the Library Annex, that is available to St. Mary’s College of Maryland students from 5pm-8am weekdays and 24-hours weekends via OneCard swipe access.
The following software is available on the desktop computers in the Library and in the LI 112 computer lab:
- Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- IBM SPSS
- Adobe Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, and Lightroom
- R and RStudio
- VLC Media Player
Only current St. Mary’s College of Maryland students may borrow Chromebooks. Chromebooks are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the Circulation Desk and have a two-week loan period. Chromebooks cannot be renewed online. There is a daily overdue fine of $10.00 per day, and after seven days overdue there is a “lost” fee of $500.
The following software is available on the Library’s Chromebooks:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft 365 Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Still have questions about Library computers and software? Ask at the Circulation Desk or Ask a Librarian online.