Come Work With Us!
The library strives to provide professional job opportunities for students during their time at SMCM. We offer flexible job schedules and work with our student interns to schedule within their availability. Working at the library is not only an opportunity for our student interns to gain professional experience, but it also provides exposure to one of the most important resources for students on campus. Our focus for our student employment program is centered around the NACE’s 8 areas of career readiness listed below:
- Career & Self-Development
- Critical Thinking
- Equity & Inclusion
Our Student Workers
Our student interns are the heart of our library operations. The Hilda C. Landers Library employs 15-20 students each year, with job positions opening at the beginning of each academic year. Our student interns staff the circulation desk, as well as assist library staff and faculty with tasks and projects that promote outreach and engagement.
~There are currently no open student employee positions at this time. We encourage all students to apply if/when the position reopens
How to Apply
If you’re a current SMCM student and you’re interested in working at the library, please follow these steps below:
- Log into Handshake through the Center for Career and Professional Development (smcm.joinhandshake.com)
- Search for the current Student Library Circulation Intern job posting (Job ID #)
- Complete the following forms:
- Library Circulation Employment Application Google Form
- Library Circulation Employment Availability-Applying Google Form
- Complete and attach a cover letter and resume to our job posting on Handshake
- Submit completed application with attached cover letter and resume through Handshake; Google Forms using links provided. Applications will only be accepted through Handshake; required materials must be submitted in order to be considered for an interview.
- The Customer Service Supervisor will reach out to you regarding your application and set up an interview time, if applicable. Interviews will take place on campus or via Zoom.
If you have any questions regarding student employment at the library, please email Melissa Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Incoming freshman and transfer students can apply for student employment once they are given SMCM login access and have registered for classes.