Welcome to the Hilda C. Landers Library, Archives & Media Center!
This website details plans for reopening and the Fall 2020 semester. Please note that services and access have changed to protect the health and safety of our community. We may need to make further changes quickly as circumstances change. Thank you for understanding.
Contact us at email@example.com.
The library building reopens on Monday, August 17, 2020 at 8 am.
For Fall 2020, the library is open only to current College students, faculty, and staff.
Regular fall 2020 semester hours have changed and are listed here.
- If you are a returning student, please remember to return any library books or DVDs to the book drop in the library lobby at any time.
- All materials that have been returned by patrons will be quarantined until they are safe to redistribute.
- Food and drink are allowed in the library, but face coverings must be worn when not actively eating or drinking. We will monitor compliance and reserve the right to ban food and drink if necessary to preserve the health and safety of our community.
- There are sanitizing stations throughout the library. Please wipe down your space before you settle in and again when you leave.
- The public computers and scanners require special cleaning solutions, so please do not clean them yourself.
- Plexiglass panels have been installed at the library circulation desk. If you are waiting for service, be aware of others and keep your social distance.
- Furniture in open areas has been arranged so that seating is six feet apart. Please do not move furniture.
- In areas where space is tight such as stairwells or book stacks, be aware of others and keep your social distance.
- Access to all print journals (also known as periodicals) is restricted. To request a print journal issue or microfilm reel please fill out this form. You will be notified via email once the issue is ready at the library circulation desk, usually within 24 hours. Journal issues and microfilm reels must be used in the library building.
- “Group study rooms” are now “study rooms” as capacity has been limited. Face coverings must be worn when not actively eating, drinking, or talking. Students may reserve a room in advance here.
- If you pick up a book or DVD and don’t plan to check it out at the library circulation desk, please place it on a library cart once you’re done. All materials that have been touched by patrons will be quarantined until they are safe to redistribute.
Check Out and Renew Materials
- In order to improve accessibility, USMAI has redesigned the look of the St. Mary’s and USMAI catalogs.
- Patrons can browse the stacks and bring items to the library circulation desk for checkout, or patrons can place a request in the St. Mary’s Catalog. Library staff will pull the book from the stacks for you and send an email to you once the book is ready for pick-up at the circulation desk. If you prefer that we mail the book to your home or campus address, reply to that email with your address details. At that point we’ll check the item out to you and put it in the US Mail or campus mail.
- Borrowing physical books and other physical items from other USMAI (University System of Maryland & Affiliated Institutions Library Consortium) libraries is not yet available at this time. But any book not held by the St. Mary’s library can be requested via interlibrary loan.
- Many materials can be renewed online through My Account. At this time USMAI libraries are waiving fines and fees for physical materials that cannot be renewed or returned.
- Reference and research assistance are available. Our librarians by subject area are listed here.
- All library instruction will take place remotely this fall.
- The College Archives is open by appointment. Visit the Archives website for additional details.